Managing Projects using MS Project Course Description
Managing projects effectively requires understanding project needs and managing time, cost, and resource constraints to deliver quality products / services that are on-time and within budget. This poses an ongoing challenge for project managers. Microsoft Project, a popular project management tool, provides the capability to view, analyze, and manage these four elements concurrently. It is used to schedule and track project activities as well as to communicate project status.
- Are you managing your projects effectively?
- Do you lack insight into your project's plan and progress information?
- Are you managing your resources and budgets efficiently?
- Is it difficult for you to create and update your MS Project schedule?
In this course, students will develop an understanding of how to:
- Define project scope
- Develop work breakdown structure
- Incorporate quality and communication needs
- Create and track project schedules (using MS Project)
- Collect and document actual data
- Perform earned value analysis and take corrective action
- Publish project status
Become a proficient user of MS Project. Learn how to:
Improve your project management skills and lead your projects to success!
- Set up your planning guidelines in MS Project
- Enter work breakdown structure information
- Include task dependencies and related duration, cost, and resource information
- Set up project and resource calendars
- Assign resources to your project and tasks
- Fine tune your schedule to meet project constraints and resolve conflicts
- Baseline the project planning information
- Track your project by updating with actual information
- Review progress and variance information
- Effectively use filters and views / tables to review, report and publish project status
- Transfer MS Project data to other applications
- Work with MS Project templates, resource pool, and master plans
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit us at www.medhira.com